Author Topic: new fw release  (Read 73776 times)

Offline tachita_

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: new fw release
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
what about if those new features  will be buggy or will introduce more bugs

dont forget that bugs left behind are introduced by the same people that it suppose to add new features

to create bugs is normal... but to not resolve them is not normal ... or is something else

or maybe all of this is part of market strategy

Offline Neven

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 05:26:02 AM »
what about if those new features  will be buggy or will introduce more bugs

dont forget that bugs left behind are introduced by the same people that it suppose to add new features

to create bugs is normal... but to not resolve them is not normal ... or is something else

Bullseye, right on target !!!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
what about if those new features  will be buggy or will introduce more bugs

This is the situation Sanji find them selves in far too often. Sanji felt Casablabca for 1073 had far too many new bugs to expect users to live with, just to get a fancier GUI. Ryan was happy to put their users in that situation though, and it's the fact Ryan moved to Casablanca which is used as evidence against Sanji for not doing it.

All chip makers live with a 6 month cycle. So some problems will get fixed during that 6 months through, others will feed into the firmware of the next chip which is already in pre-production, small scale porduction for the likes of Sanji to devleop their code for, and others will feed into the "design" of the chip  after that.  

So the "demand" from users using the 1073 to have specifc services installed isn't seen in the 6 month lifetime of the 1073. It isn't even supported in the next gen chip, the 1185. No, it's only with the 1186 do you see Android as a plausible mechanism for user installs arrive.

This strategy has been followed By Sigma for some time, and they havn't gone bust due to the frustations users have with any particluer chip.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:05:16 AM by jer1956 »

Offline tachita_

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
I think you're wrong....  in fact, I don't think...  I'm sure
... don't matter what are the reasons... 

regarding Casablanca 's SDK....  I know a term API

now thinking further... and knowing some inside ideas.... 

... well...  as long as realtek  is focused on new sdk/ processors...  then to achive second half of  old sdk is more easy then before

you can encrypt your work(is true...  not for long ), and to add new features to 1st m8r and a further gadgets line

anyway...  my machine do what it supposed to do and a little more... 

for me X2 or Xn generation is trespass between viewing one picture at a time and viewing 2 pics at a time

look at network or video render....  is the same root code

Venus or Casablanca....  damn..  is not that hard...  at least Venus has better and quality hw

both are applying to same rules of existence API

anyway... I do not blame Sanji actions...  but I can blame the non-actions

Offline Gaze

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
Hi all,

I really think that if mede8er decides to not update the 500X FW anymore that they should make the source public so that any other developer/community can modify it.

gaze

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
There already is a community version for 1073 chips in the Modders section!

Offline tachita_

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »
i noticed that iconbit  change the code on latest  sdk3 build    ... the same with eboda   .... 

when mede8er will do the same  ??

is much faster when play mp3's  or music files  (it doesn't have that pause between tracks)

dont know in which way affect the video .... i just managed to make it work

Offline Boilerx

• B8a Tester - X2
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
@tachita: u re right!!! but i think there eont be an ne FW

Offline tachita_

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »
the question is how they do this if closed sources aren't available ??   ??? ???

they just keep work at sdk3  and raised his limits  .... id not a ball breaker though .... but is improved and offered as official release ...

on the other hand , the other rival company that keep development on GUI2.0   did some big steps on system stability  ....

... but the way of how GUI 2.0 is build is a total f..ck up .... 

is more a reorganized GUI then a new GUI ...   a bad one ....

is nothing usefull there, nothing new , and a complete mess up regarding logic of implementing features (which in that case are just common functions).

this is about GUI ...... but earlier i was speaking for audio/ video / samba  improvment  ..... this is what i better at them

Offline copyer

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
I'm guesing you talk about a couldbe update for the x2 versions or the just x versions?
[500x with FW V404], [500x2 with FW V302] hd500gb intern, 1Tb extern, 2 TB extern
Receiver: HarmanKardon 135
Tv: Philips 37pfl6606 led
Cisco 3925 [all in one router]

Offline tachita_

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
I was Wright....

is a better behaviour....

and now my first mede8er without C++ chipset it will not turn on by itself

and all of this in untouched  mede8er fw...  no cracked locks  :)

edit: added romanian language .... working romanian language
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:54:39 PM by tachita_ »

Offline pvblomm

Any support/firmware updates on the MED500
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question.  But were there any firmware update for the old MD500 since April 2011?  And if not, are there going to be any firmware updates in the future for this old horse?

Regards.
Pieter

Offline cranko

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
Yes i'm expecting a new FW release for my poor MED500X anytime soon.Please sanji,i hate throwing my MED500X out of the window and start new with other brand.

Offline PearlJam

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 05:41:30 AM »
The reality is the Mede8er has chosen not to support the older models anymore.  That fact that there is a chipset lifecycle doesn't interfere with development on it for new features.

As an example, I am using a WD HD Live in my bedroom which is older than this Mede8er and still get ongoing updates.  What is even more surprising is that they keep on adding new features, it is not just about bugfixing.  I decided to try the Mede8er, but can already see my next machine will not be a Mede8er.  My cheap WD has much more features than the Mede8er.  I also had the Netgear Entertainer EVA8000 before, which was also a very nice unit

And as I am constantly giving advice to others on technology, this is definately one I will tell them to avoid if they don't want to be left behind. 

@Mede8er - Any long term business strategy would include to look after your customers that made you!

Offline BobDude

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 06:15:56 AM »
I think Sanji can bank on the fact that many of its customer base will not be returning or recommending their products. Myself included. Not continuing the support on an existent product line due to the "Realtek SDK" is a poor cop-out of an excuse and is an insult to the customers. In future, I will vote with my wallet and choose another brand. And I will recommend anyone else I speak to, in person or on media forums, to do the same.