Author Topic: TV Scraping and Trailers seem to have stopped working  (Read 50024 times)

Offline dvdrip1

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: TV Scraping and Trailers seem to have stopped working
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »
I know I will!

Offline felho001

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
me to

Offline moodybluesman

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »
My mede8er stopped scraping TV series months ago and won't scrape movies either. I'm surprised that some of you are still able to scrape movies, I can't get anything.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 10:31:20 AM »
My mede8er stopped scraping TV series months ago and won't scrape movies either. I'm surprised that some of you are still able to scrape movies, I can't get anything.

This is an old thread. Only the recent posts reflect the current situation. No one can scrape Movies since the source website changed its interface, including changing to HTTPS. 

TV Series has had issues since the source took  the cheap route to increasing bandwidth......Cloudflare. Cloudfare themselves say their service is not appropriate for sites with interactive services. Its for fixed sites with little interaction.   
The only way to improve bandwidth for interactive services  is buy it from your server host!

Offline moodybluesman

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. TV rename is a bit of a pain, at least it works, but only for TV shows unfortunately.

Offline Spike30

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
I can still scrape movies I just did one today...  tv series is not possible for the moment but they are working on a solution

Offline moodybluesman

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2019, 06:55:23 PM »
Well that is strange, I've tried everything and no joy.

Offline aorfix

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2019, 10:23:43 AM »
No one can scrape Movies since the source website changed its interface, including changing to HTTPS. 

TV Series has had issues since the source took  the cheap route to increasing bandwidth

Scraping Movies and TV Series had some problems since those changes, but I was able to do it until a few weeks ago, when scraping TV Series is now impossible  :(

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-0
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2019, 11:24:06 AM »
Initial feedback from the developer regarding the TVDB API V3

Besides the https issue that was mentioned by Jer1956, he has had to completely re-write the scraper code and this is some work. He is doing his best with lots of very late nights so if successful I really hope the community will hit that donate button and contribute generously. I'm sure we will get some further update from him after the weekend.

Mede8er1     

for my part ... as I am sure also from other owners of med8er we will be really happy to contribute financially for the work that will be done to be able to reuse in the best way our med8er.
I certainly push the button with all my will.
Meanwhile, I thank those who keep us updated on the situation and who is recompiling the software.
Thank you and greetings

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
youtube have changed to block youtube-dl.   Trailers have stopped working as a result. We will have to  see how long it takes to  get a new version. 

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-0
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
youtube have changed to block youtube-dl.   Trailers have stopped working as a result. We will have to  see how long it takes to  get a new version.

We hope soon ... :'(

Offline Johno75

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
Is there another way to scrape tv series until it’s fixed, eg on your pc and then copying the art files to the folder where you go series is kept?

Offline kazza61

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »
Is there another way to scrape tv series until it’s fixed, eg on your pc and then copying the art files to the folder where you go series is kept?

Yes, you can simply download a folder jpg and fanart jpg from TVDB - although it doesn't bring any details with it it keeps the Mede8er layout looking nice.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2019, 01:53:20 PM »
I tested the server via my ISP's terminal access.  youtube itself has blacklisted mede8er.click for over using the service. I have changed VideosearchXL to  work via a proxy.....but it takes ages to get the video details that  way.   

its way too long for trailers.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2019, 09:48:59 PM »
We need to spread the access that youtube is seeing. One way is to for users to host the trailer code on their network via a http server. 
Its more complicated for users....but at the moment its only way to  get youtube-dl working without a very long delay using a proxy.
The player must still open the same html file on our server. But we can  detect users WAN IP. So we would then change out html to open html on the users local network via a WAN request.  Users would point the request to  a local server via port forwarding on their modem/router.
it would be am enthuisiasts solution.
it could be made easier by hosting it on virtual linux, with us supplying a prebuilt image. 
Such an image would come with NFS server and pihole.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:59:34 PM by jer1956 »