Author Topic: Since Windows update my Mede8er doesn’t show up in my network anymore  (Read 8768 times)

Offline Jos Verboven

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
I can’t see my MED1000X3D in Windows Explorer anymore since the last Windows update, not wirelessly and not via Ethernet cable either.

This means that I can’t synchronise the music on my pc with my Mede8er anymore. I tried a lot of trouble shooting I found on the Internet. But I think the Mede8er needs a firmware update.

I used to synchronise twice a week with a dedicated tool. That worked like a charm. But not anymore.

By the way, what happened to the firmware updates? The last update has been ages ago. Right now my Mede8er is useless.

I’m sure there must be a lot more users who face the same problem.

What happened to Maasbommel? He seems to have left planet Earth...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: Since Windows update my Mede8er doesn’t show up in my network anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »
Mede8er SA ended Media Player development over two years ago.
Massbommel stopped his involement at that time.
I take an interest becuase i run the server supporting Trailers and Videoseach XL.
Windows are making it less easy to use SMB 1.0 since the extortion plots last year.
Try manually creating a mapped drive to the X3D.

Offline Jos Verboven

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 07:28:23 PM »
Jer1956, does this mean that all the owners of a Mede8er media player will not get any support and firmware updates anymore? I paid € 349,00 for my MED1000X3D three years ago. I discovered that some webstores are still selling Mede8er devices. That’s a shame if that’s really true.

I do not know how to achieve the solution you mentioned as to manually creating a mapped drive to my X3D? In Windows Explorer I don’t see the X3D anymore. I already enabled SMB 1.0 but to no avail...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
Ask cortana for mapped neteork drive.