Author Topic: Newbies tutorial for Mede8er world (600x3d / 800x3d / 1000x3d ) sartup basics  (Read 312461 times)

Offline slickric21

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Great guides thank you very much :)

I have one quick question though regarding the folder structure.

I am ONLY using an internal 4TB Harddrive.

I would like to Organize my Video content into "Films 2D", "Films 3D" and "Concerts" as per your example.

Do I just put these 3 folders onto the root of my drive ?

Or do i create a Folder "Video" on the root and then place the three above  folders inside that one ?

Thanks for the help

Offline francoisZA

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
You can put them on root and then create favorites.

iPhone iOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk
Zone 1: All HDMI to NAD
MED1000X3D 0.25TB 2.5"
PCH C-200 0.25TB 2.5" +BDRW
HTPC 4x2TB RAID5 +2x3TB + DAS 4x2TB RAID5 on USB3 + BDRW Win7 HaneWin NFS
SMC WGBR-14N2 Gbit Router + D-Link 2500U ADSL All on Cat6
NAD T765 HD2+C272+C245BEE
LG 55" FHD LED
Zone 2: HDMI to LCD
MED500X 1TB on Cat6 WDLivewire
LG 42" FHD LCD
Zone 3: HDMI to LCD
PCH A-210 0.5TB on Cat6 WDLivewire
Samsung 32" LCD

Offline Wurlitzer

Really having problems with the scraper, following the steps above and conforming to the correct folder structure I'm getting all the wrong metadata when scanning the "TV SERIES" folder.  What is being returned is the nearest match for the TV SERIES name from a movies database, i.e. the information provided is for a movie with the same name as the TV series.
Anyone able to throw some light on this.

When I scan the "MOVIES" folder no metadata is returned at all.

I must say this is a very hard system to deal with in relation the scraping, the manual often refers to using this database app or that database app but offers no information on how to download and install them.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Are you scanning TV series  separately, or as part of a broader scrape of everything?

If you accept the scraper aggreement you  get the latest versions of the scrapers loaded for you on every  boot.

Offline zzgus

As I have read every file must be on its own folder... as I have a lot of videos... Does anybody know any automated way to create those folders using the video file name?

Thankyou
Gus
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:00:09 PM by zzgus »

Offline francoisZA

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
As I have read every file must be on its own folder... as I have a lot of videos... Does anybody know any automated way to create those folders using the video file name?

Thankyou
Gus

Google for the program File2folder. It creates a folder with the same name as the file and places the file in it.

iPad iOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk
Zone 1: All HDMI to NAD
MED1000X3D 0.25TB 2.5"
PCH C-200 0.25TB 2.5" +BDRW
HTPC 4x2TB RAID5 +2x3TB + DAS 4x2TB RAID5 on USB3 + BDRW Win7 HaneWin NFS
SMC WGBR-14N2 Gbit Router + D-Link 2500U ADSL All on Cat6
NAD T765 HD2+C272+C245BEE
LG 55" FHD LED
Zone 2: HDMI to LCD
MED500X 1TB on Cat6 WDLivewire
LG 42" FHD LCD
Zone 3: HDMI to LCD
PCH A-210 0.5TB on Cat6 WDLivewire
Samsung 32" LCD

Offline OPAZED

I tried to get this working for almost a year now, and since my mede8er1000x3d is not accessible thourgh the network anymore since a power outage in december. I decided to use this newbies guide to start from scratch.

However, this munual does not seem to be made for newbies, cause i do not understand most of it...

I got it until step 14. but 15 and further is beyond me (I really do not understand what i am supposed to do there), but the 27-C looks very familiar again. What in heaven's name do I fill in as User Name and Password?? It always asks me for this, but i really do not know where i have to get this password from?

Can you help me with that?

Offline craig0361

I have been trying to upgrade my firmware for sometime now, having followed all of the instructions from the quick guide, and the above guides I still can't get past the Mede8er symbol on the screen.
Currently I am on firmware version 1.05 and would like to upgrade to the latest version but somehow I cannot get it to work.
One possibility is my memory stick is 32Gb in size, could this be a problem for the current firmware / software to recognise?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
Re:
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline stefan123

hello
i use external harddrive 3tb and the scan runs correctly but then there are no images discriptions found for the jukebox
i read that no wifi internet connection with my mede8er600x3d was required though i cant believe that,

do i need a internet connection for the jukebox?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
You will need your mede8er connected to the internet, by lan cable through your network or by wifi.
The scraper uses several websites for the needed scraping information.

See the user guides here;
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline stefan123

hey
i connected my mede8er600x3d via internet, auto ip, the connection was successful, however the scraping still went to no avail, i did all that was counseled here in the tutorium step by step

all works fine exept that i dont get any image, the same is the case when i try to manually scrape movies: the round sign for internet connection appears where it normally should load the cover images and description etc and then no failure message appears but no images either, i use version 3.0.1
hope someone can help me...

Offline kev1n123

Hi, Thanks for all the info.
Just switched from a WD player since they've abandoned updating it.
My med600x3D is a lot smoother and a more modern look.
Just a simple question please:
Do I need to eject the external hard disc every time I switch off, or does the power off procedure do for me automatically ?

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
Hi all,
I have just switched from Y2M to the internal scraper and for some reason when I edit a movie title, after being scraped, I cannot get the Jukebox+ to show the newly edited information.
This is what I am doing:
Going into Media Library
Then to movie I want to change the scrape, for example 2 Guns, I edit the details, as in change the fan art etc and save it
Then exit and scan the movie folder, it returns 0 movies added (which is correct) I then add the movie folder to the Jukebox+
Go to Jukebox+ and check the movie 2 Guns and the data is exactly the same as it was before I edited it.
This is where I am stuck, any suggestions please? I have tried scanning the Jukebox+, I have tried adding the media library folder to favourites and then adding that to the Jukebox+ folder.
I am sure it is something simple.

Another thing I notice is that if I go to edit when in my Jukebox+ folder nothing happens and I cannot edit any data from within the Jukebox+ folder - This is perhaps tied in with the issues I am having above ?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Hi all,
I have just switched from Y2M to the internal scraper and for some reason when I edit a movie title, after being scraped, I cannot get the Jukebox+ to show the newly edited information.
This is what I am doing:
Going into Media Library
Then to movie I want to change the scrape, for example 2 Guns, I edit the details, as in change the fan art etc and save it
Then exit and scan the movie folder, it returns 0 movies added (which is correct) I then add the movie folder to the Jukebox+
Go to Jukebox+ and check the movie 2 Guns and the data is exactly the same as it was before I edited it.
This is where I am stuck, any suggestions please? I have tried scanning the Jukebox+, I have tried adding the media library folder to favourites and then adding that to the Jukebox+ folder.
I am sure it is something simple.

Another thing I notice is that if I go to edit when in my Jukebox+ folder nothing happens and I cannot edit any data from within the Jukebox+ folder - This is perhaps tied in with the issues I am having above ?

If you edit the source you have to  rebuild jukebox+.

You can now edit the jukebox+ directly and the modified scrape will  be synced to  the source so  that if you have to  rebuild from  scratch the source is up to date.

The problem with any guide is it gets out of date...