Author Topic: Newbies tutorial for Mede8er world (600x3d / 800x3d / 1000x3d ) sartup basics  (Read 312195 times)

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Hello Jer,

Thanks

Sorry if those topics were already discussed :(, but with regard to folder naming  I have to make different naming or I can let the same naming .. for movies directories

Thanks

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Hello dear members,

I have the med1000x3d and I love it until now , but now am stuck in jukebox agregate etc. until now I do :

on PC I have : Movie .../MoviesHD/moviexxx/movie.mkv
   on USB drive  Movie1--  /MoviesHD1/moviexxx/movie.mkv

I have done the jukebox with yadis, Yadistomed8er.
   I also add the shortcuts to favorites from both location and works very well :)
   On favorites screen I see MoviesHD from PC hdd and MoviesHD1 from USB HDD.(I used Scan folder and finds all movie information)., I can  use the info button from remote control.

Now I want to have on video wall one directory example:Movies that contains all the movies from MoviesHD and MoviesHD1 from both location? I suppose this is called agregate jukobox.
     It is possible to do that ?

The  med1000x3d has 3.06 firmware.

Many thanks in advance  ,I am new to this kind of stuff
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:33:22 PM by d2florin »

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Pls check the User Guide for JukeBox Plus

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_JukeBox_Plus_user_guide_V0.html

You can also do this in Yadis2Mede8er and you will need to read this thread http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10081.0.html

You can use external tool - Universal Mede8er Jukebox Aggregator
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/board,147.0.html

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline coyote

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Every movie needs to be in is own individual file, see the example :

1- root folder
2- movies folder  (2D, 3d, dvd, concerts)
3- individual movie folder
4- movie file

Do 3 & 4 have to contain ONLY the movie-name (and incidentally match)?  
For example, what if my filename looks like:

The.Movie.Name.1988.1080p.BluRay.x264-NGP.mkv

Would it be OK if 3 & 4 = The.Movie.Name.1988.1080p.BluRay.x264-NGP

Or do 3 & 4 need to simply = The.Movie.Name

I figure per another post above I'll use "File2folder...[to] create...a folder with the same name as the file and place...the file in it".

Am I correct to assume that per the example all subtitles in the folder will be available (instead of just ones named identically to the movie like my old TViV)?

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Your structure looks fine per the screenshot you posted. You should be able to make an 'Aggregated Jukebox' ie JukeBox+ from these favourites without any file or folder renaming ie the filename does not need to match the folder name.

Process to make a JukeBox +

1. Make sure the USB Hard Drive has a name
2. Make a new folder that can be  on any location ie local HDD, USB Drive, Samba Share or NFS share and name this folder what you want
3. Navigate to the folder in the X3D Media Library and press the 'Menu' button and select 'Add to Favourites.
4. Go to the Favourites screen and focus on the folder you just added and press the 'menu' button and select ' Aggregate JukeBox' and the folder thumbnail image will change to a JukeBox+ image
5. Focus on the Favourite  'FILMES 2D' and press the 'Menu' button and select add to 'JukeBox+' and the movies will be added
6.  Focus on the Favourite  'Filmes 3D' and press the 'Menu' button and select add to 'JukeBox+' and the movies will be added
7. Now you can open the JukeBox+ and all the movies should be in one JukeBox
8. You do the same process in step 6 and 7 if he added new movies to the source folders

We added 'Subtitle Browse' functionality to latest beta's so the subtitles can be any name and in any location.

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline coyote

Your structure looks fine per the screenshot you posted. You should be able to make an 'Aggregated Jukebox' ie JukeBox+ from these favourites without any file or folder renaming ie the filename does not need to match the folder name.
Thank you very much for your helpful reply, Mede8er1!

That wasn't my screenshot, that screenshot was quoted from the thread's first post...so I still please need to ask:

Do the filename and/or foldername have to contain ONLY the movie-name? 
For example, what if my filename and/or foldername looks like:

The.Movie.Name.1988.1080p.BluRay.x264-NGP.mkv

Would it be OK if filename and/or foldername = The.Movie.Name.1988.1080p.BluRay.x264-NGP
?

Or do 3 & 4 need to simply = The.Movie.Name like in the original post's screenshot?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Those long complicated names result from using torrent. They are not mandatory.

Offline coyote

Those long complicated names result from using torrent. They are not mandatory.
I understand they are not mandatory.  But I'd like to use them.  May I without issues?

Offline Downlord4all

Maybee set write enable for the maps that you want to add to mede8er.
So go to your source files and make sure mede8er has read + write permission, without that your files wont show up.

Good luck.

Downlord4all

Offline chefmoisas

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Hi Everyone

I have a MED600X3D, and i would to acess to a 3gb disk that I have connected to it by usb.

I enable the nfs connection and I am trying to acess to the disk with a ftp client ( filezzila) but I can only acess to the root of the MED600x3d.

Plasma - Panasonic 50vt50
A/c - Pionner vsx-921
Media Player - Mede8er MED600X3D

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
There is no ftp server. The only server you can transfer by is samba.

Offline chefmoisas

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
There is no ftp server. The only server you can transfer by is samba.

Is there anyway that i can acess to the usb disk remotly ?

Plasma - Panasonic 50vt50
A/c - Pionner vsx-921
Media Player - Mede8er MED600X3D

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
The only way is to use VPN to connect to your home network.
Your router needs to support that to setup a VPN connection to it and then access your local network over the internet.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
Is there anyway that i can acess to the usb disk remotly ?

The samba server will mount both internal  and external local storage (USB) for access via the network.  What  you cant do  is connect to the "player", and go  wandering around its operating system to  find what  you want.

Offline scottj

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
I have scrapped my library using the Mede8er scrapper. I have a 600x3d running 4.0.1 Beta. I have 2 questions regarding the scrapper:
1). My movies are ISO rips. I have a couple of movies that span 2 disk (part1 and part2). Both are located in the same movie folder. When I select the movie from the Wall, there's only one disk showing for the movie inside the movie detail screen. How should I be handling 2 disk movies?
2). When I scrapped my TV series DVDs, each episode has a title section in the scrapped XML file with the correct title for the episode. However, the title is nowhere to be seen on the Video Wall or detail screen. I tested manually editing the XML by copying the title into the description section. I could now see the title displayed. My TV series library has 100+ episodes, I don't want to have to manually edit each one. Is there a way to have the title displayed somewhere somehow?

Thanks,

-- Scott