Author Topic: How to access my network?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline OPAZED

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
How to access my network?
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
Well, after a rough start, my MED1000X3D is finally working (on 1TB instead of 2TB, but who is counting ;-)... But how can I get him to access the files on my network drives and PC? He can see the PC, but to access them he needs a loginname and password?? Anyone knows how I can disciver those? And how I can access my MED1000X3D harddisk through the network?

Thanx!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: How to access my network?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
That is telling you  that you havn't got guest set up properly for the share on your PC.  Try this:-
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/board,141.0.html

Offline OPAZED

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »
Looks like a good hint! My shared maps are now OK but the mede8er still wants to have a loginname and password, so I look into some NAS message from WINSHARe tomorrow to see if it solves all my problems...

How do all the non-computer nerds who really know nothing about networking and computers ever get these machines working??

Well, further with the struggle tomorrow!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »
I think a lot of people have the right settings  by accident, and don't bother to ask  why it works, but it does. We just see the posts form those who aren't so lucky.  

The next major source for this problem is the use of the wrong DNS server (for local name resolution) for your network.  This is discussed in an Avoid Tip in Tips.